Kick-Off Call Questions
When I scheduled a kick-off call with a client as a sole designer for the first time, I almost had no idea where to start or how to prepare. After talking to multiple freelance designers and researching best practices, I’ve come up with a few necessary questions to feel out if this working relationship will be a good fit.
- Can you tell me more about your company?
- How does this project affect the 2-year goals of this company?
- Who are the relevant stakeholders for this project?
- Who do I contact for approval?
- Have you worked with designers or freelancers before?
- What’s your deadline?
- What’s your preferred mode of communication?
- What timezone do you work in?
- What are your set working hours for communication?
- What is your budget?
- Can you provide analytics and user research resources to support this project?
If you have any helpful kick-off questions, please let me know in the comments!